How To Clean Wicker Furniture?
You can clean your wicker furniture successfully by yourself – no matters if it is indoor wicker or outdoor wicker, there are several things you can do to help get a better-looking piece of furniture.
Some people even shy away from purchasing this type of furniture because of how hard they think it is to clean. Wicker is very versatile. It can be used throughout the house and outdoors. It is beautiful and functional.
Do not deprive yourself from it because of how it needs to be cleaned. Let’s make it simpler for you. In addition, let’s make sure that you realize how to clean wicker furniture can be beneficial to you.
Assemble Your Tools
Be organized first, you will need some tools to help you including:
- Paint brush. Cut the bristles about the half way down form the end.
- A bristle brush, small with medium stiff bristles.
- A dowel that you will sharpen like a pencil
Cleaning Indoor Wicker Furniture
- First, remove dust from the furniture by vacuuming it with a dust attachment. A good quality vacuum will suck quite a bit of the dust from it instantly making it look better.
- Make a solution to clean with it. This solution should be two tablespoons of ammonia for each gallon of water that you use. You do not need any harsh chemicals.
- Make sure the amount of water that you use is minimum. To start with cleaning, pore the solution in the bucket and then wash as you go. Do not drench the furniture in the water as this can ruin your furniture. You can rinse the wicker off with a hose if you choose too, but make it dry as soon as possible with absorbent cotton towels or cloth.
- If the wicker gets too wet, it is going to get much too limp to use. The good news is that it will still dry in the right manner if allowed to do so quickly. If your furniture does get wet, you will need to dry it off as soon as possible. However, make sure that you do not weaken or stress the strand length. If you do, the furniture will dry to improve size and will be distorted.
Cleaning Outdoor Wicker Furniture
Possibly the worst piece of furniture to clean are those that are outdoors. However, you can do it. You will first want to tip the furniture on its side to clean it. Make sure the tighter weave is to the top. That way, the moisture will run down to the looser end, which makes it easier to clean up.
Make sure you keep the weaves straight when cleaning. Keep the spacing the same when you are cleaning it or it will shrink. This will cause the price to be weaker.
Regular Care and Cleaning for wicker furniture
Now let’s see how to take care of and maintain wicker furniture. The good thing is that it is easy to learn and easy to do. Maintaining your wicker furniture will help you enjoy spending good quality time with your family.
You can grab a small brush or a vacuum cleaner to do this. You can do it anytime, but the important fact is “do it regularly” because it is vital.
Respond to spills immediately
Because wicker furniture will absorb spills, you need to clean up anything that is spilled onto it quickly. Make sure that you wipe it with a sponge and use soapy water.
Keep it away from the rain and direct sunlight
These elements can ruin your quality of piece.
Clean it properly
To start with it, add a basic solution of water and a couple of drops of detergent. Use a damp sponge to apply the solution to the furniture. Just do a small area at a time. Use your brush or paint brush to get into the fine cracks.
Keep wood parts dry
Not doing so will cause them to become damaged quickly.
If you find that your wicker has mildew, use a solution of 50/50 bleach water and rinse completely after 5 minutes.
Keep it dry
Wicker needs to be completely dried if it gets wet. Place it in the sun for a couple of days. Use a blow dryer on it. Keep water off from it as much as possible.
You can use a varnish, shellac or lacquer on your wicker. This will spruce it up well. If your wicker has been painted, you can add a new coat if you like. Make sure to only apply a thin coat of liquid furniture wax so it will look good and have a nice glossy finish.
If your furniture is long overdue a clean then you are at right place. Evergreen Carpet Cleaning Mississauga give you the best furniture cleaning service. Giving your furniture a new life is a piece of cake now. All you have to do is call Evergreen Carpet Cleaning at +1 833-815-2505 to make a booking. We also provide wide range of cleaning services like carpet cleaning, Rug cleaning, Curtain cleaning, Stain removal, Tile & Grout cleaning.